What is web Accessible ? is the inclusive practice of ensuring there are no barriers that prevent interaction with, or access to, websites on the World Wide Web by people with physical disabilities, situational disabilities, and socioeconomic restrictions on bandwidth and speed.
- The Web and Internet in whole is an increasingly important resource in many aspects of our life which includes: education, employment, government, commerce, health care, recreation, and more.
- I honestly want individuals to feel that my control system for my web design will be pretty easy to figure out when it comes to certain tools on how to function through my website.
- The more experience, i gain from my consistent level of updating my website, hopefully it will establish a standpoint that my audience like children, elderly, young adults, or people with disabilities can give me a certain perspective to help me fix particular problems i may come across when observing my website.
It is important that the Web be accessible to everyone in order to provide equal access and equal opportunity to people with disabilities.
There are three Modes of Disability:
- Permanent Disability: This is when you are completely disabled. Example: blind, deaf and so.
- Temporary Disability: This is simply a physical or mental disability which hinders your discharging of responsibilities for a short period of time.
- Conditional or Situation Disability: This is simply when you are not able to do things due to the situation you find yourself in. Example: slow internet connection.
At the end of the day, we can conclude that people with disabilities can perceive, understand, navigate, and interact with the Web, and that they can contribute to the web. I feel like everyone should be treated equal when it comes to anything such as the media platform, mobile devices and etc. i say this because people with disabilities are just as equal as individuals with no disabilities.
Thank you for viewing my blog post this week, i hope my perspective on accessibility has helped you all with a different approach. Make sure you comment, like, and leave a tip underneath this post!!!
For more tips please visit: https://john.do/blog-post-types/